Powerful Hurricane Dorian Stalls Over the Bahamas
Meteorologist Ari Sarsalari has the latest on Hurricane Dorian.
- Dorian is pounding the northwestern Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane.
- A life-threatening storm surge of up to 23 feet is possible there.
- Wind gusts over 200 mph are possible in parts of the northwestern Bahamas.
- A hurricane warning and a storm surge warning have been issued for a part of Florida’s east coast.
- Dorian is a threat for the Southeast from Florida to North Carolina this week.
- What part of the coast experiences hurricane conditions remains uncertain and is dependent on the exact track.
- Residents along the Southeast coast should have their hurricane plans ready and monitor Dorian closely.