By WWL Staff
JEFFERSON PARISH, La. — Here’s the latest information on power, curfew, water, and more for Jefferson Parish. Save this link and check back for updates if you live in Jefferson Parish.
Do you have information that should be added to this list? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
► For an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Jefferson Parish mental health helpline: 1-800-256-2522.
To apply for FEMA Aid:
In person registration assistance available at the Jefferson Parish Health Unit from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day. 1855 Ames Boulevard, Marrero.
HOT MEALS, ICE, WATER
Water, ice, and Meals Ready-to-Eat (MRE) are available for Jefferson Parish residents from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. until further notice at these locations:
- Helen Cox High School 2200 Lapalco Blvd., Harvey, LA 70058
- Zephyr Field 6000 Airline Dr., Metairie LA 70003
- John A Alario Event Center 2000 Segnette Blvd Westwego, LA 70094
- John Bright Playground 3401 Cleary Ave, Metairie, LA 70002
Regular Baptist Church will be giving out hot plates of food until all is gone. The public is invited.
When: Friday, September 10th
Where: Regular Baptist Church
901 Fifth Street
Gretna, LA 70053
JenCare Medical Center feeding seniors
Friday, September 10, 2021, 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., or until 350 meals supply exhausted at JenCare Senior Medical Center – West Bank 501 Lapalco Boulevard
Sunday September 12 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Hot Meals, Medical Clinic, Household Items, Food Supplies, Hygiene Kits, Baby Products and more.
1528 Piatro Ct, Harvey, LA 70058.
Two transit buses are parked at the following fire stations, which are located in areas that power has not yet been restored, to serve as a cooling stations:
Avondale Volunteer Fire- 500 S. Jamie Blvd, Avondale, LA
Live Oak Manor Volunteer Fire-404 Azalea, Waggamann, LA
Lowe’s Bucket Brigade
Lowe’s and its disaster relief partners will pass out disaster relief buckets filled with goggles, goggles, respirators, sanitizer, bug spray, water, scrub brushes, bleach and work gloves. Friday, Sept. 10, beginning at 9 a.m.
- 3640 Veterans Memorial Blvd. Metairie
- 1351 Manhattan Blvd. Harvey
- 121 Jefferson Highway Jefferson Highway
- 4950 Promenade Blvd. Marrero
Lifeline Bus Service
Starting Tuesday, Sept. 7, Jefferson Parish Transit is launching a fare free bus service on limited routes to help residents get access to essential resources such as grocery stores, ice, water and shelters. The service will run Monday-Sunday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The six routes open are:
Start Point: Old Airport
End Point: Cold storage Road
E3- Kenner Local
Start Point: Coleman Place
End Point: Jefferson @ Knox stop id 745
1 Bus – Normal Route
Start Point-Walkertown Terminal
End Point-Fire station @ capital and cathedral
1 Bus – Normal Route-with the exception of going to Downtown New Orleans
Start Point-Wilty Terminal
End of route: Lapalco and Victory Stop ID 845
W10- Huey P Long
1 Bus – Normal Route
Start Point-Walkertown Terminal
End Point-Yenni Building
If you already get receive SNAP benefits then you do not qualify for DSNAP. You can use benefits to buy prepared meals at any normal retailer that accept EBT cards through September 28. You can not buy prepared meals at restaurants.
If you don’t receive benefits but you lost everything in your refrigerator during the storm, you can preregister for the program online at www.dcfs.,louisiana.gov/dsnap
Three deaths overnight from carbon monoxide poisoning. The three victims were in the same location.
Parish leaders say they are getting 4-5 calls an hour for carbon monoxide issues. Also getting calls for generator fires.
Jefferson Parish officials are asking residents to follow the three 20’s for generator usage:
- 20 feet away from your home
- 20 minutes of cool down before refueling
- 20 dollars for a carbon monoxide alarm
The problem is not staffing or generators at gas stations.
8 Refineries that were hit and are down produce 13 percent of the nation’s domestic gasoline.
Trucks that are bringing gas in have to wait in line for gasoline themselves when trying to leave to pick up more gas.
CELL PHONE CHARGING STATIONS
In partnership with AT&T, there are two free charging stations set up until further notice from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the following fire stations:
- Fire Station 20 – 4110 Hudson St. Metairie, LA 70006
- Fire Station 81 – 808 MacArthur Ave. Harvey, LA 70058
As of Sunday 4 PM: Outages are down to 157,175 customers without power, 47,195 customers have been restored. Have 30,700 poles down during Hurricane Ida.
► A small part of Jefferson near the Ochsner main campus has power. Otherwise, Entergy can’t give estimates on restoration time yet.
To view the latest outage information, visit Entergy’s Outage Map.
Estimates neighborhood-by neighborhood
Entergy’s estimated time for power restoration in Metairie, Kenner, and the Westbank of the parish is Sept. 8.
Charging stations will be available until further notice at the following locations:
- Eastbank: Fire Station 20 – 4110 Hudson St. Metairie
- Westbank: Fire Station 81 – 808 MacArthur Ave. Harvey
► Boil Water Advisory: Jefferson Parish Water Department is lifting the Boil Water Advisory for the East and West Banks of Jefferson Parish, except for Grand Isle.
All Jefferson Parish Government buildings, facilities, parks and playgrounds are closed throughout the end of this week, Sept. 10. This includes Lafreniere Park, Parc De Families, the Bonnabel Boat launch and Bucktown Harbor Marina due to debris/downed trees and power lines.
For an updated list of businesses open in Jefferson Parish, click here for our #OpenNOLA list.
Jefferson Transit has extended bus service suspension due to Hurricane Ida through Sunday, Sept. 5, 2021. Paratransit is operating for all dialysis trips and medical essential trips only. If you are in need of paratransit, please call 504-818-1077.
Cleared 15 streets. All west bank roadways are passable and by the end of Monday, all east bank roadways should be open with the exception of Entergy crew walker.
Lafitte mayor said Monday at noon if you want to retrieve your boat or it will get stuck in there as restorations begin.
Eastbound Williams Boulevard on-ramp to I-10, in Kenner – will have a total closure on Monday, September 13, 2021, from 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM; for bridge inspection.
Eastbound Power Boulevard on-ramp to I-10, in Metairie – will have a total closure on Monday, September 13, 2021; from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM; for Bridge Inspection.
A curfew is in effect for all of Jefferson Parish from 6 p.m. through 6 a.m. until Friday, Sept. 10 at 6 AM.
Some Jefferson Parish Schools will begin reopening Sept. 20, a third of the district 81 campuses were damaged.
The following 11 schools will open Sept.20 :
- Bridgedale Elementary
- Estelle Elementary
- Harahan Elementary
- Harold Keller Elementary
- Harry S. Truman School
- Metairie Academy for Advanced Studies
- Phoebe Hearst Elementary
- Ralph J. Bunche Elementary
- Ray St. Pierre Academy for Advanced Studies
- Washington Elementary
- Woodland West Elementary
20 Schools reopening Sept. 24:
- Park Academy for Advanced Studies
- Alice Birney Elementary
- Allen Ellender School
- Bonella A. St. Ville Elementary
- Clancy-Maggiore Elementary School for the Arts
- Congetta Trippe Janet Elementary
- Ella C. Pittman Elementary
- Ella Dolhonde Elementary
- Granville T. Woods Elementary
- Greenlawn Terrace Elementary
- Isaac G. Joseph Elementary.
- J.C. Ellis Elementary
- John James Audubon Elementary
- Joshua Butler Elementary
- Marie Riviere Elementary
- Paul J. Solis Elementary
- Shirley T. Johnson Gretna Park Elementary
- Strehle Community School
- T.H. Harris Middle
- Woodmere Elementary
41 Schools reopening Oct. 1
- A.C. Alexander Elementary
- Alfred Bonnabel Magnet Academy High
- Bissonet Plaza Elementary
- Chateau Estates School
- Cherbonnier-Rillieux Elementary
- Douglass Community
- East Jefferson High
- Emmett Gilbert School of Excellence at Ford
- George A. Cox Elementary School
- Geraldine Boudreaux Elementary School
- Grace King High
- Green Park Elementary
- Gretna Middle School
- Gretna No. 2 Academy for Advanced Studies
- Haynes Academy for Advanced Studies
- Hazel Park/Hilda Knoff Elementary
- Helen Cox High
- J.D. Meisler Middle
- Jefferson Elementary
- Jefferson Virtual High School
- John Ehret High
- John Q. Adams Middle
- Joseph A Cuillier Sr. Career Center
- L.H. Marrero Middle
- L.W. Higgins High
- Lincoln Elementary School for the Arts
- Lionel Collins Elementary
- Livaudais Middle School
- McDonogh No. 26 Elementary
- Mildred S. Harris Elementary
- Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy
- Riverdale High
- Rudolph Matas Elementary
- Ruppel Academie Francaise
- Stella Worley Middle
- Terrytown Elementary
- Thomas Jefferson Academy
- Tom Benson School
- Walter Schneckenburger Elementary
- West Jefferson High
- William Hart Elementary
Three schools closed indefinitely:
- Grand Isle School
- Leo Kerner Elementary
- Fisher Middle-High School
Garbage pickup is scheduled is on Monday, September 6.
Collection will occur on a limited basis, as driver’s return, downed power lines are cleared, and areas become assessable. Due to the severity of the storm, there will be delays in collection, and pick-up may not occur on your normal collection.
The issue has risen of short term living expense
Recycling is suspended.
Limited supply – Each individual is allowed one tank per day at the following locations:
- Fire Station 20 – 4110 Hudson St. Metairie
- Fire Station 81 – 808 808 MacArthur Ave. Harvey
Please confirm that your dialysis center is still open before leaving for your scheduled appointment.
Provider phone numbers:
- Davita patients call 504-283-9098 or 800-900-8331
- Fresenius patients call 800-626-1297
- Dialysis Center Inc patients call 866-424-1990
For transportation assistance, call the EOC at 504-349-5360.
- FKC New Orleans Downtown – 2235 Poydras St New Orleans 70119
- FKC New Orleans Uptown – 2500 Louisiana Ave New Orleans 70115
- FMCNA Avondale – 141 S Jamie Blvd Avondale 70094
- FMCNA Kenner – 2717 Decatur St Kenner 70062
- FMCNA Lake Forest – 10545 Lake Forest Blvd New Orleans 70127
- FMCNA Marrero – 7325 Westbank Expressway Marrero 70072
- FMCNA Metarie – 4425 Utica St Metairie 70006
- FMCNA Westbank – 5301 Westbank Expressway Marrero 70072
- FMCNA Gretna – 959 Behrman Highway, Gretna 70056
- Davita Marrero – 1908 Jutland Dr, Harvey 70058
- New Orleans Kidney Center – 3434 Prytania, Suite 200, New Orleans 70115
- Davita Memorial – 4427 S Robertson St, New Orleans 70115
- DCI New Orleans East – 2077 Caton St, Suite A, New Orleans 70122
- Davita Gentilly – 4720 Paris Ave, New Orleans 70122
- Chateau Dialysis – 720 Village Rd, Kenner 70065
- FMCNA Deckbar – 630 Deckbar Ave, Jefferson 70121
- Due to limited power, water and sewer capabilities, we are currently unable to shelter people locally.
- If you have a car and can drive to a shelter, you should call 211 or text LASHELTER to 898-211 for instructions on which shelter you should go to.
- If you need transportation, our transit will pick you up and take you to Kings Grant playground. Once a day we will send everyone out to a shelter via bus. Everyone will be transported to shelters in Northern Louisiana.
- We will bring you back via bus once it is safe to return to your home or we are able to establish local shelters.
- Pets are accepted. Families will remain together. People with medical needs can be special transportation and medical care.
- All Jefferson Parish residents in need of shelter due to Hurricane Ida should go to Kings Grant Playground, located at 3805 15th St. Harvey LA 70058. Those without transportation can call the Emergency Operations Center at (504) 349-5360. This shelter will replace PARD Playground, which will no longer be in operation due to a power outage.
Grave yards in Barataria and Lafitte
- The cemetery team will assess the caskets that have risen from their respective graves and work with families to correct the issue.
First emergency declaration in emergency rule 47 is just for 30 days. It suspend cancellations and none renewals if insurance for any reason. They are frozen in place from the Saturday before the storm hit and 30 days past that.