- Vincent ‘Sunny’ Garcia was found unconscious at his Oregon home on April 29
- His daughter Kaila took to Instagram to tells fans he’s now spoken his first words
- Kalia shared a photo of Sunny alongside his first wife and mother of his children
- A family friend said he is now moving his head and can follow people’s voices
- The 49-year-old was admitted to a US hospital and placed in Intensive Care Unit
- Garcia is a six-time Hawaiian Triple Crown Champion and celebrated surfer
Hawaiian surfing legend Vincent ‘Sunny’ Garcia has spoken his first words nearly five months after he was found unconscious in his Oregon home amid a battle with depression.
Sunny’s eldest daughter Kaila Garcia took to Instagram on Tuesday to update his fans on his progress.
‘We are taking one day at a time and celebrating each little triumph. My dad is a warrior and fighting everyday to get better and stronger,’ she wrote.
Kaila said her father has spoken a ‘few words’ and is undergoing daily physical, speech and occupational therapy.