- Dorian will pummel the northwest Bahamas for one more day.
- A life-threatening storm surge of up to 15 feet is expected on Grand Bahama Island.
- A hurricane warning and a storm surge warning have been issued for a part of Florida’s east coast.
- Hurricane conditions are expected to arrive in hurricane-warned areas by evening.
- Impacts will worsen along Georgia, South Carolina coasts Wednesday.
- Peak impacts will arrive in North Carolina and southeast Virginia Thursday into Friday.
- Dorian could then strike Atlantic Canada as a post-tropical storm this weekend.
Hurricane Dorian will finally begin its long-awaited march up the Southeast coast today after delivering one last punishing blow over the storm-fatigued northwest Bahamas.
Dorian’s wind intensity has backed off from Sunday’s peak, currently a Category 3 hurricane. Regardless of its intensity and track, Dorian will have significant, damaging impact from Florida’s Atlantic coast to parts of Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and possible southeast Virginia this week. CONTINUE READING…