The Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University recently released data from a survey of 400 children. This survey sought to examine “the prominence of belief in the ‘Seven Cornerstones of a Biblical Worldview’ among adolescents” (children ages 8–12). The seven cornerstones are the following:
- God exists and is the all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect Creator and ruler of the universe.
- As a sinner, the only solution to the consequences of sin is to acknowledge your sins, ask God to forgive you through Jesus Christ, and rely on Him to save you from those consequences.
- Sin is real, and significant; we are all sinners, by choice.
- Your most important reason for living is to do what God wants.
- You trust the Bible because it is completely true and personally relevant to your life.
- The Bible provides a complete and reliable understanding of right and wrong.
- Success is consistently doing what the Bible teaches.